For our first online event, the SCA was honoured to introduce Professor Omand for his class “Secret Intelligence in the Digital Age”. Sir David Omand is a visiting professor in War Studies from King’s College London. As a former British senior civil servant, he worked in several high-responsibility positions:
- Director of the UK Government Communications Headquarters – the intelligence and security organisation responsible for providing Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and information assurance to the government and armed forces;
- UK Security and Intelligence Coordinator Cabinet Office;
- Permanent Secretary of the Home Office
- Ministry of Defense Deputy under Secretary of State for Policy
- His books “Securing the State”, was published in 2010 and “Principled Spying: the Ethics of Secret Intelligence” with Professor Mark Phythian in 2018.